Thursday, April 22, 2010

Learning = no sleep

I'd read (probably from some babycenter.com email) that when babies learn something new, it messes with their sleep. We've learned that is so very true the past couple nights. Munchkin by no means sleeps through the night, but she's much better than she used to be. She used to be up every two hours, now she'll sleep in 4, maybe 5 hour stretches. Last night she slept for an hour, then two, then she was so fussy I had to bring her downstairs to the living room so that Daddy could get some kind of sleep since he has a busy day today. After she screamed herself to sleep while I held, rocked, and cuddled her, I passed out with her on the couch. She woke a few hours later to eat at her normal time. I fed her and ventured back upstairs. I put her back in her bed, snuggled her seahorse next to her, and carefully crept back to my own bed. She slept for an hour. Thankfully Daddy heard her crying and brought her to me, I couldn't drag myself out of bed to feed her in her room, and I have a feeling she wouldn't go back to bed in her crib anyway. She nursed, then fell asleep, I didn't hear the alarm go off, I didn't notice Daddy get out of bed...thought Lightning was him since he curled up on Daddy's pillow, didn't realize what time it was when he woke me up at 7. Munchkin nursed again then Daddy brought her down to eat her bananas and cereal--which she wouldn't eat. I guess she was too full from nursing still. She ate them later. Now she's napping on me, I'm praying that she'll allow me to put her in her crib and have a GOOD nap today. She hasn't had good naps in two days, two nights of not so great sleep...all because she learned to crawl. I'm terrified of what will happen when she starts teething--7 months old and she still has no signs of teeth. I can only imagine those sleepless nights, and I hope that it at least holds off until we get settled in our new house, although I know that's asking for a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment