Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SO PROUD!!

Today Munchkin and I went to PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) for the second time. Last week was the Fall Kick-off, and today was the first actual meeting. They offer free, on-site childcare with pagers for Mommy in case baby needs you. We tried using it last week, but as Munchkin has a pretty bad case of separation anxiety, it didn't last long. She was in there for about 15-20 minutes before she was "upsetting the other children". In other words, the other kiddos were getting tired and laid down for naps and she wouldn't have any part of that and wasn't afraid to voice her displeasure! This week, I went ahead and took her in, fully expecting her to need me quickly. I had to pry her little fingers off of my shirt, she did NOT want to go in there! As soon as she saw the other little girls and started to play, she was ok.
All during the singing, all during the Chaplain speaking, all during everything, I was waiting for that pager to start buzzing. When it didn't, I started thinking "Are they sure it's working??", since last week they didn't use them since they couldn't get them to work, then finally, "I guess she's alright!" We broke off into our Bible study groups, and about halfway into that is when my pager started buzzing. Glad to know they work! She had been moved up a room, I guess there were too many lil ones in the Infant room, so even though she doesn't walk, she was moved to the Toddler room. She had a grand time, ate her snack, got a diaper change...but just didn't want to go to sleep. I wasn't shocked, since she normally nurses to sleep or at least soon before she falls asleep and loudly protests if she isn't. She was good with me back in the room though, so all in all, I called it a BIG success!!

So proud moment, #2!
Since her nap schedule was all thrown off today, I finally got her to nod off a little before 2. I took her upstairs and put her in her crib, I knew she was out because she didn't even bother to roll to her side! Well, about 10 minutes after I put her upstairs, she sat up and started fussing. I was in the middle of something, so I couldn't immediately go get her. Turns out that was a good thing! She actually laid back down and went back to sleep ON HER OWN!! That is the first time she has ever done that at naptime. She's done it occasionally at bedtime, but even that is the exception rather than the rule. I wouldn't really call it "crying-it-out" because she doesn't really cry, she just makes some noise. If she really cries, one of us goes to get her. It makes me proud and a little sad all at the same time--she really is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment