Monday, October 25, 2010

At least I can dress the part

The part of a domestic diva, that is. I finished my apron today! It is by no means the most amazing thing to ever have been sewn, even by me, but I do have to say I think I did a pretty darn good job, all things considered! My goal for today is to get all my sewing projects done so that I can put all of the things away and not have to make room for projects in progress. The flannel for Munchkin's wipes and spitties (to be used to clean her hands, since she doesn't need them as spitties anymore) is in the dryer. It shouldn't take me long to whip up wipes and spitties. I'm not sure that we're going to use the cloth wipes 100% of the time, but right now she's got some bad diaper rash going on and the disposable wipes are making it worse. Plus it'll be easier to throw the cloth wipes in the diaper pail with her diapers instead of having to get the wipes into the trash can and avoiding the stinkies. Insert love of Diaper Genie here...I swear, we haven't smelled a single dirty diaper from that thing--even without the plastic insert!! I want to make a wetbag for it, just to keep it cleaner, but in order for that to happen, I need to find some suitable fabric....I wish true oilcloth was still available, but I'm going to have to settle for laminated cotton. Who knows, one of these days I may just buy a wetbag (as long as it's on super duper sale, of course!) instead. Now how did this go from my sewing triumph to diapers??? That is the mystery of motherhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment