Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shepherd's Pie

I told you I'd post! I figured I better do it now before I forget! A couple weeks ago, Daddy and I were making up menus for the next two weeks so we could go grocery shopping. For us, that's way harder than it sounds! We made it though. One of our selections was Shepherd's Pie. Daddy found a recipe on Food Network's website, courtesy of Paula Deen. I figured we would at least give it a try, even though I was confused by what she wanted. First off, I got so super overwhelmed trying to make it. Not hard to do that to me! I recovered and only had to have a TINY bit of help that I could have even done without. Daddy had to layer it in the pan since I didn't read enough ahead--TIP: Read it, re-read it, then read it again before you start!!--and even though it says 9x9x2 pan, we ended up using our 9x13 (presuming x2) pan and filled it. It was AMAZING! I had the last piece of it today for lunch. It does say it makes 8-10 servings! We have agreed that it is most definitely something to be put in the standard rotation! So go ahead, try it!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try Paula Deen's version! I've done Rachael Ray's Food Network recipe before, and it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete