Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Couch to 5K

Monday was Week 1, Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program for me. I'm not sure that I'll be able to finish it in 9 weeks, because I think I'm going to need to repeat some weeks in there. I completed Week 1, Day 2 today and did a tiny bit better than Monday, so there is progress! C25K days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, I'm taking Lightning for a walk on our normal family walk route, which is just a little bit shorter than what I'm currently doing on C25K days. I know I'll probably miss some Saturdays, but that's ok. When I get halfway through the program, I plan on rewarding myself with some running gear from . My end goal is to be able to run with Daddy--who runs an 8 minute mile. At the end of the C25K program, I should be running a 10 minute mile, so not too far off! I bet he'll slow down for me until I can catch up! I'm excited to do this, which feels weird because I really hate running!!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I've got the site bookmarked. I think when my neighbor moves away and I lose my walking partner, I may start trying this. I really want to do the WDW Half Marathon with Bill sometime.

    ReplyDelete