Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 6 & 7

Day 6: I'm thankful for my mom and her craftiness. Growing up, she always made us our Halloween costumes, Christmas dresses, Easter dresses, you name it, she would make it for us. She tried to teach me how to sew when I was a child and I got scared of it and didn't make anything other than a stuffed toy for our cat. When Munchkin was on her way, Mom came to visit me in Alaska. She bought me a sewing machine and together, we made Munchkin a diaper bag made out of Daddy's original BCT ACUs. (Gotta love the Army's obsession with acronyms!) I made a couple sheets and pillowcases for Munchkin's bassinet/rocker too. Well, you've been hearing of the Halloween costumes, and I've also made a bunch of spitties, cloth wipes, and diaper liners for Munchkin, as well as ring sling. I'm glad that watching her sew for all those years has made such an impression and I just hope that I can do some of the amazing things she has and pass it on to Munchkin!!

Day 7: I'm thankful for the fall weather today. Frost on the grass, current temperature of 40. Bright sunshine, clear blue sky. Weather I missed in Alaska--since it was like this in August!!! There's already snow there now...something I'm glad we're not dealing with right now. Living in Alaska did give me a little more appreciation for the season of winter, but I did love having a true summer here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment