Saturday, March 19, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #34


What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family…you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.
Since we currently live about 6 hours away from most of our family, we visit when we get the chance, which is a lot more than in the past. Phone calls are good too! When we're farther away, like Alaska, Skype becomes one of our best friends!!

What’s the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas
Oh goodness, I have no idea!


Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military? submitted by Perfectly Imperfect
First, I would be prouder than proud that I raised a child that had the drive to do something like that--especially after knowing the ups and downs of military life. Second, I would make sure that it was first and foremost their desire pushing the decision--not money, school, peer pressure, etc. If after a lot of research about different MOS's and what everything would be like, it was still their desire, you can bet I'd take the first chance I had to put a "Proud Army Mom" sticker on my car!


What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That
We don't have a lot of bills since we live on post, but right now I guess I would say our internet since we've been having problems with it lately!


What is the proudest moment you’ve had as a military spouse? submitted by Our Okinawa Life
One for him and one for me: For him, it was when he got promoted this last time--even though I didn't get to go to the ceremony and have yet to pin him (next time...hopefully!), I was SO proud of him for working so hard and getting that promotion! For me, it was at his troop Halloween party. They had a costume contest, with first prize being a 4-day weekend pass. I made our costumes, without any patterns, and we took first place without any competition! We made a pretty great Flintstone family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment