Friday, April 15, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


With PCS moves happening every few years, do you take the time to paint and decorate your home? submitted by Life as Mrs. JPT
I painted our bedroom in Alaska and probably won't do it again unless we know we're going to be there for awhile. We never hung up our pictures in Alaska either and that was one of the first things we did after unpacking here. It looks so much more like our home with our pictures on the wall! I'm also going to be buying Uppercase Living for our next house to add decoration without adding to moving headaches.
If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? submitted by Standing By Him
I know this isn't a specific home, but Wisteria Lane of Desperate Housewives. I love most of those homes, especially the staircase and finished attic of Katherine's house. Of course Gaby's is the most opulent, and Bree's would be amazing as well. Susan's is the most understated but it's a great house. Ooh, I think those have been eclipsed by the Halliwell's house from Charmed. I'm a sucker for Victorian houses!
What inspired you to start your blog? submitted by Pink Combat Boots
My sister over at Bebe's & Mamu's Mom. She's funnier though.
What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen on base? submitted byAdventures in Life
I'm not sure this falls under "weird", but definitely one of the most memorable: An Alaskan summer afternoon my neighbor, her friend & her daughter, and I were in the backyard and a helicopter kept circling. Finally, after all the kids had left the school--our backyard pretty much backed up to one of the Elementary schools--it promptly landed (and about blew us over!) in the field. Turns out there was a festival at the school that evening and the helicopter was for the kids to get in and look at.
Which historical figure (politician, writer, artist, scientist, actor, etc…) would you like to have dinner with? submitted by Army of Two
The knee-jerk reaction is Jesus, because seriously, Christian or not, would that not be awesome? But a non-religious figure choice would be Princess Di. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the wall art at Uppercase Living. I wrote an article on this topic for Military Spouse magazine (April issue) but I hadn't come across this vendor. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete