Saturday, April 30, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
The only place that would have had the possibility of us in separate locations is Alaska. That's not enough to have long term benefits for us. Now, he DID want me to move home while he was deployed but I couldn't do that. I think Korea would be one where we would have me and Munchkin stay "home".

What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today

Let's see...The pride of knowing what our family is doing, the opportunities to live in places we never would have been otherwise, and meeting the people that live there! Who else in my family was born in Alaska?? Nobody! That's something special to Munchkin because of her Daddy being a Soldier.

If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you? submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.

Short answer: no. This basically came up when it was re-up time and we decided that we're in it and we're pretty happy.

What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife

I only found out the night before he was coming home--and only because I had been checking the website on my iPhone like a mad woman (my key caller was HORRIBLE about calling me). I was out to a hockey game that night before he came home! I had bought a bunch of balloons and a banner, so when I got home I decorated the house and got the balloons ready to take to the store to get blown up....only to find out that they didn't open early enough! He came home on a Sunday, so a LOT of things were closed or just didn't open early enough. I also bought window markers to decorate our car, so before we went to go to the ceremony, I decorated our car--Munchkin's window said "My Daddy is HOME!" Sadly, since it was February in Alaska, it ran a bit because of snow! The ceremony was short and sweet, we got in the paper when we were waiting because of Munchkin's diaper bag (and her super cuteness). Her bag was made out of Daddy's BCT ACU's. One of the MFLC's saw that we were by ourselves and offered to take pictures for us--my photographer that I had planned to use for homecoming wasn't available since I had such short notice. So at least we got SOME pictures! It was a fabulous day!!!!

If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something? submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s

I knew I wanted to use my grandmother's name as a middle name but it ended up not working as a middle, so we moved it to the first and agreed on another middle. We haven't decided on future kid's names yet, we name them as they come! Naming Munchkin was REALLY hard for us!! I wanted to honor my maiden name side because neither my uncle or my dad had boys--so my maiden name line is done. I love that her name has some history and meaning behind it!

No comments:

Post a Comment