Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MilSpouse Survey

1. How long have you been a military wife?
4 years this summer

2. What branch of service is your husband?
Army

3. Active/Reserve?
Active Duty

4. What is his job?
Right now? Army laser tag.

5. How many deployments have you gone through?
1, gearing up for #2 early next year.

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
I'm not a fan of the Class A's if he's wearing jump boots, I haven't seen him in Dress Blues yet (they're ordered...we're waiting), he currently looks weird in ACUs to me because I'm used to seeing him in OG's...but I'd say he pulls all of 'em off!

7. What do you like about being a military wife?
It's forced me to become so much more independent, going through my first pregnancy with him halfway around the world was a definite experience!

8. Do you live on base?
We do. We haven't lived off post yet, but we probably will when we get back to Alaska.

9. What is your favorite base so far?
My choices are Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK and Fort Polk, LA. I'll choose Alaska.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Instinct is to say the separations, but honestly, we're stronger than that. It's the people who "think" they get it and can say all sorts things that only make things worse.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
Commissary, especially here!

12. Do you work or stay at home?
I stay home with Munchkin--and I love it!

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Not really, but I don't have a lot of friends total. AMKOL is definitely my biggest support when it comes to needing military girls!

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
I'll try the PX first, mainly because I despise dealing with Walmart.

15. How did your husband propose?
No romantic story here...we knew we wanted to get married, so he bought a ring...less than 5 months later, we were married!

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
Before. He spent our first wedding anniversary in BCT. Thankfully a Drill Sgt had a heart and gave him an extra phone call (their phone days were Fridays, our anniversary was on a Sunday).

17. How long have you been together?
We met August 2000 and dated in high school, fall/winter 2002 is when we started dating for the last time (there were some cross-country moves that derailed our first dating experience)

18. Any kids?
Just Munchkin for now!

19. Any kids yet to come?
We hope so!

20. Is your husband one of those "I am Marines hear me HOORAH" kind of guys?
At times.

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
For real? No. He doesn't want to seriously injure me!

22. How many bases have you lived at?
2, and even though we'll be moving for a 3rd time (including initial move), we'll still only have 2 posts!

23. If you could change one thing about the military?
I'm not sure I could only change one thing...Probably start in Washington where we're all just numbers.

24. Do you like military balls?
We've only been to one and it was so boring and the food was horrible...we don't drink, so when everyone else was "having fun", we were bored.

25. Where does your family live?
Texas, home sweet home.

26. What do you do for a job?
I'm a Mommy, the toughest job for the smallest monetary gain. I can't say I'm not paid though, I'm paid in smiles, laughs, slobbery kisses, hugs, and bedtime snuggles. I'm paid in tears from a boo-boo that only I can fix and the utter trust that Munchkin has had in me since we first found out she was there. What else could I want?

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
I haven't gotten into a fight with ANY wife, or anyone for that matter!

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
With his current unit, that's a lot--although less than it was a few months ago before he got a new position, so I just stick with our daily stuff, it's just minus Daddy. When he was deployed, I worked some, went out with friends some, stayed home with friends some, cheered for the Alaska Aces some, etc.

29. Do you think other wives do that too?
I think we all try to make it as "normal" as possible, even though there's nothing normal about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment