Tuesday, May 3, 2011

History is always in the making...

A couple days ago was a HUGE day for the war we've been fighting for the past 10 years. Osama bin Laden was killed by Seal Team 6. Major kudos to those guys for their bravery and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. However, I will not rejoice in Osama's death. How do you feel when you see our enemies rejoicing and celebrating one of THEIR victories? One of OUR tragedies? Yes, this man was evil and infected so many with his horrible ideals and I am glad that he cannot pass that along any longer. Unfortunately that hate is there and someone else will step up to spew it. I know that sounds pessimistic of me, but I'm thinking of the men and women who are overseas..what retaliation will happen? How hard are our servicemembers going to have to fight? How many more names are going to be added to memorial walls? This is a battle victory, but not a war victory. Justice has been served for his evil actions--for that I am glad. This is a moment when the difference between "glad" and "happy" is HUGE. I do not mourn his death, not by any means, but I do not celebrate it either. I can only hope that this makes other terrorists think twice about attacking us. If you are going to celebrate this historic occasion, celebrate our military's perseverance, their hard work, their sacrifices.

No comments:

Post a Comment