Monday, November 21, 2011

I know I'm a slacker!

11/16
Phones. More specifically, cell phones. We don't have a landline since the last time we had one (when we lived here before) the only calls we got were either 1) telemarketers 2) places wanting donations 3) bill collectors for the people who had the number prior to us. (What I really hated most was 3....it was very difficult to make them believe us that we had NO idea who those people were or where they were!) Being thousands of miles away from family, it's so great to be able to pick up the phone and call. I just have to keep the 3 hour time difference in mind!! S

11/17
Ultrasound technology. We (meaning Munchkin and I--Daddy couldn't get out of work) got to go see Brother today. From what I understand (and knowing that the techs aren't allowed to really answer anything), everything is going along fine. He does have a big head, but so did Munchkin! (apparently it runs in the family!) It's so nice to be able to see him and lessen the chances of some major surprises at delivery time! I know it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing! My only complaint? My super uncooperative child refused to let us get a good picture of him!

11/18
The Alaska Zoo. We got a membership (Thanks, Mom!) when we moved back here. We haven't been since right before Halloween, and with the crazy cold weather, we may not go TOO much in the near future, but it's still one of our favorite things about Anchorage. It's an amazing zoo. It's pretty small compared to the two zoos I grew up around (Dallas and Fort Worth), but so great. It's small enough that you can spend quite a bit of time at each animal and not be there ALL day. What makes us really love this zoo though, is that most of their animals are rescues. Not all of them are, but most of them are there because they were found orphaned or injured and cannot be safely released back into the wild. They're there for the animals, not the money. I'm thankful that there are people out there that want these animals to live happy, healthy lives and educate people about them and their habitats.

11/19
The ability to make a special nursery for our little guy. We started painting (and boy, am I glad it's a small room!!) and I'm so excited to get it all done and ready for his arrival next month! I know that not every family has the room to have a room for each kid and I'm so thankful that we don't have to worry about the kids sharing a room!

11/20
Photography. We had our maternity/family pictures done today. Munchkin made a few interesting, but I knew that she wasn't going to be the most super cooperative anyway! Professional portraits or snapshots...it's amazing to be able to capture our lives this way!

11/21
The fact that I need to clean, the laundry that needs done, the dinners that need to be made....for this all means that we have a roof over our heads, clothes to wear, and food for our bodies.

11/22
Our big bed. Between having an achy belly (my lower abs are NOT my favorite friends right now!) and the type of heartburn I get, getting comfortable enough to sleep is hard. Add in a whole bunch of pillows (including my Boppy Body pillow), and I can generally be ok. If our bed was any smaller, poor M would be out of room!

No comments:

Post a Comment