Wednesday, November 23, 2011

On it today!

11/23
Tricare. Yes, even with the headaches it can cause and the crazy rules it has, I am immensely thankful for our healthcare. Because of Tricare, we're not having to pay anything for my prenatal care, for L&D, or for whatever the baby needs when he gets here. I know that a lot of new parents have to figure out how, even with insurance, they're going to pay for the hospital stay. Considering that a normal vaginal delivery costs between $9,000-$17,000 (without insurance--see how much those companies are paying?!?!?), it's crazy! We don't have to worry about it. I've gotten good care at the hospital on Elmendorf, yes, a few things are different than the civilian world (I'm not seen as often is the biggest one, but honestly, that's ok with me since we're both doing ok), but I don't feel like I'm being slighted on care.

No comments:

Post a Comment