Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So much for keeping up!

11/9
Lightning. No, not the electric flashes in the sky, but our super sweet dog. He turned six this year and his age has been starting to show for awhile. Thankfully we've found some remedies that have been helping him physically, since he still thinks he's a little puppy. He's so amazing with Munchkin, he did growl at her last week but she did jump and throw herself on him when he was sleeping, so it wasn't an aggressive growl, but a surprised, "what the heck was that?!" growl.
Even though when Daddy is home, he acts like I don't exist, and when he isn't, he spends most of his time sleeping on the couch to store up his energy for when he IS home, I love him just the same. He's been an amazing member of our family for the past six years (he was 7/8 weeks old when we adopted him) and I'm incredibly thankful to have been blessed with the love of a dog.

11/10
Today is my sister and brother-in-law's 10th wedding anniversary. I'm thankful for them for so many reasons. One--without them, there wouldn't be my niece and nephew! That has to be more than enough explanation! I think I could go on and on about it all, but I'm just going to leave it somewhat concise. Here's to many more decades!!

11/11
Like most other Americans, today I'm reminded to be especially thankful for the brave men and women who serve in the military. I'm thankful for each and every one of them everyday, of course, and it's closer to the surface for me since I am an Army wife, but today, as a country, we all say "Thank you." To the people who have left their lives and families behind for the rest of us. To the ones who didn't get to come home again. So to all of the people who have written that blank check that includes their life to Uncle Sam, thank you.

11/12
Being able to read books. I got a Kindle for my birthday and I've been burning through books left and right. With the free bestseller list, I've read books I never would have even heard of before. Some good, some not so good, some down right bad...but I read them! Then of course there are the classics that I've been able to read. (I just finished "Water for Elephants"....yes, it's worth the hype and I'm hoping that the movie does it justice!)

11/13
Long weekends!! Due to Veteran's Day on Friday, Mark got a 4 day weekend. Munchkin was all over him all weekend, she LOVES having so much Daddy time!

11/14
A husband that doesn't mind grocery shopping. I don't know why, but I seriously detest grocery shopping. One of the things I dread about deployments is having to make all of the grocery trips! (There are many things that are much higher on the dread scale, but still, this makes the list!) AND he even braved the commissary on a holiday that was also payday for everyone who banks with USAA. Seriously, that's like Black Friday shopping craziness. Yet he came home with a smile on his face! I would've been a stressed-out grump!!! He's my hero for so many reasons, and this is definitely one of them!

11/15
Good customer service. I was told by my OB that she wanted me to get an ultrasound to check on Baby. No reason to be worried, she just wants to see how he's doing. I guess that because the hospital is so busy, the radiology clinic doesn't do prenatal ultrasounds other than the 20 week anatomy scan, so I she referred me off post. TriWest actually got the referral done in two days!! Wow. The office I'm going to had an amazing receptionist and we'll get to see our little guy on Thursday!!!! Glad to know that there are places that still realize that customers are people!

No comments:

Post a Comment