Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blessed

I know that I'm not the only one who has "holy moly I'm an ADULT!" moments. Throw a few "I'm a MOM?!?!" in for good measure too. I look around me and see the proof and am in awe of how blessed our family really is. One of those moments happened this afternoon after grocery shopping (which if you know me at all, you know I HATE it with a passion). Lil Man had fallen asleep in the Boba (like usual--he actually stayed awake about 3/4 of the trip, which is a long time for him!) but of course woke up when I put him in the car. I told Munchkin to be quiet so he could maybe go back to sleep, but she took it upon herself to try to get him to go back to sleep. I heard her singing "Hush little baby" to him. The most I've ever heard her sing of a song, she got pretty much the whole beginning out! He wasn't sleeping, but he also wasn't screaming, so I was happy. Munchkin, however, was not. She kept saying that he had to sleep and was making it her job to get him there! He never really did get to sleep, but she did keep him entertained.
This is what amazes me the most. I was so worried that Munchkin would have a hard time adjusting to being a big sister, that she wouldn't want to give up the only child life...but from day 1, she's been nothing but loving and inviting to Lil Man. When I have to get onto her about being gentle with him, it's usually because she's hugging and kissing him too much. Now that he's mobile, we do have instances of her getting mad that he's getting into something of hers, but more often than not, their interactions are so very loving. 
I can only hope that they continue to stay this way as they get older. I've already started telling Lil Man to remind me of all the sweet snuggles, the way only I can comfort him, and his cute 'hugs' and 'kisses' when he's a teenager! Not to mention what I'll need reminding of when Munchkin gets there...I'm guessing about 12 is when I'll really need to remember!! I already miss her falling asleep in my arms or on my chest...her "Rock me sleep, Mama" is too closely followed by "Put me bed, please". Now that I'm sufficiently off topic, I'll stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment