1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?
Not having Mark go TDY to Hawaii for a week. While it rained the entire time he was gone. Thankfully Munchkin took it better than I ever could have expected, which is good because more TDY's are in our future.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in June?
3. What did you do to celebrate Independence Day?
We went to the Anchorage parade (left a little early because Munchkin was getting tired and hungry) and later went to a friend's house. All in all, it was a pretty great day. We heard some fireworks, but definitely did not stay up late enough to see them considering that they have to wait til after 11pm for it to get to what we consider dark!
4. When you PCS, what items do you take with you and not let the movers pack (and if you do a DITY, what do you take with you and not box up) (thanks to Sespi at And You Never Did Think for inspiring this question)?
This last PCS we did a partial DITY and brought some cookware, camp chairs, Munchkin's table & chairs, clothes (obviously), our vacuum--since we didn't clear housing until after the movers had come, it was nice to have our vacuum to use right up until they came to inspect. It also came in handy while we were waiting for our HHG here. We filled a 5x8 trailer, but that's been just over a year and I can hardly remember last week.
5. What are you looking forward to in July?
Honestly, not much. Nothing very exciting going on here!