Thursday, September 13, 2012

Munchkin is THREE!!!

OMG where has the time gone?!? My lil baby turned 3 this week! Her party is on Saturday, because really, who wants to come to a party mid-week? So we'll have all that fun soon, but we did celebrate her actual birthday by taking her to Build-A-Bear Workshop and letting her build the Minnie inspired bear. We had to order it online and hide it in the garage for a few weeks, but she was so surprised and excited to get it. She loves anything Minnie mouse--which made choosing her party theme easy! We meant to give her the rest of the gifts from us, but forgot to get wrapping paper! She's so proud to answer "THREE!" when asked how old she is now. She even shows you how many fingers! She had her 3 year well baby check-up and got an A+ on everything but her weight....she's classified as "overweight" (which if you saw her, you wouldn't believe) so we have to deal with that--but I think it'll be all ok. I've gotten a different result with every chart I've used, so I'm not sure what to believe. We're having a hard time finding allergy-friendly foods that she likes and will eat consistently, so we've gotten her doctor to give us a referral to a nutritionist to be able to help us figure out what we can do for her. All in all, it's been a pretty great week for Munchkin. She found a soft football I bought for Mark on my senior year band trip to Walt Disney World and has loved playing "football team". She found an old flash drive on a lanyard and has taken it to be her whistle (she refuses to use the real whistle Mark has!) and loved playing at the park blowing her "whistle" after every "play". I think Mark's a proud papa on that one! She also started dance classes last week! So my sweet girl is 3...I can't believe how much she's grown in such a short time--and yet how little she still is. Three years seems like the blink of an eye and a whole lifetime. I can't wait to see how she grows in this next year!!

1 comment: