Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thank you, random man at the gym!

Today Mark let me sleep in..til 9:30, actually! Munchkin came in and scared me awake (she still says she surprised me, but I'm going with scared!), and the first thing I thought was, "Oh no, we're late for the gym!" Of course my M-W-F schedule isn't a time sensitive one--that's T/Th with yoga class, so we weren't "late", but that's the way my brain works! We got to the gym and as I was grabbing my card from the file, an older man comes up to me and starts with, "Excuse me, I know this is none of my business, but...." (scaring me half to death, wondering what on earth he's going to comment on). He goes on to tell me that he's seen me at the gym and he's really impressed with my progress and ended with a big "Keep it up." Seriously, probably the best thing I've ever had a stranger say to me. So yes, I may only be halfway to my goal, but I have to remember-- I'm HALF way! That means I've done a lot, even though there's more to be done. So, thank you, random man at the gym, for reminding me that I'm well on my way. I've been a little slack-y lately. Still doing my workouts every day, but some days not really giving it my all. Plus I quit really tracking my food, which I need to start again. Thankfully, I haven't done any damage to my progress, I just haven't made more like I could have. I'm working on kicking it into high gear again!

No comments:

Post a Comment