Thursday, October 4, 2012

MilSpouse 1st Friday Fill-In!

I think the last one of these I did was July...I think August got skipped and I managed to miss September's, but here I am again!



1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?
September was pretty good for us...although I would like to have NOT had snow last Saturday! Snow in September is a little too crazy, even for Alaska!

2. What was your favorite thing that happened in September?
Munchkin turned 3!! This was the first year she understood the concept and really had a blast. Her favorite part? Playing with her friends. She STILL talks about it all the time and asks when she has another birthday to have a party!
Oh, and how could I forget?!? Some of our friends came home from their deployment in Afhganistan! WooHoo!! I'm not sure if everyone is back yet, but they're working on it!!!

3. Sometimes I like to sit on my couch and eat ______ from a ______ with a _________.- Courtesy of Just Another Snarky Navy Wife
Junk, whatever it's in, whatever's appropriate :) We've gotten in the really bad habit of eating on the couch and we're slowly but surely working on breaking that habit. I think most of us have sat down with a spoon and a pint of our favorite ice cream now and then!

4. What was your favorite childhood Halloween costume? - Courtesy of Random Army Wife
Since I'm pretty sure Mom reads this (Hi, Mom!), and she made all of our Halloween costumes growing up, I'm not sure I could choose a favorite. Ok, for real, I don't remember not liking one, and I'm sure there are a few I don't remember at all. So instead of a favorite, some highlights (in no particular order, favorite or chronological at all!): The Pink Ranger from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (the original, not all the crazy spawns it's made!), a cheerleader costume that matched the uniforms of my sister's high school's cheerleaders, Cinderella (that was in high school..pretty sure I was one of the only kids that dressed up that year), and bonus of my sister: I remember she was Ariel (or an unnamed mermaid...dunno, but I remember shiny purple shells and a green tail (with a leotard or something or other!). If I had pictures in front of me, I'm sure I'd remember a lot more, but we're stuck with my mommy-memory that hardly rivals a goldfish some days!

5. What are you looking forward to in October?
I think Halloween will take the cake. 3 is turning out to be a magical age for Munchkin, she gets Halloween now too (and any time she sees something about it or hears someone talk about it, she gets excited and says "I be like Minnie Mouse!"), so we're definitely getting excited about all that it will entail. Other than that, October is a pretty slow month for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment