Monday, November 19, 2012

Old Navy Style Council

I was lucky enough to be selected to be part of the Old Navy Style Council on Crowdtap. I received two coupons (one for me and one for a friend) for a free dress at Old Navy. We left the kiddos at home with the Dads--figured they could have decent guy time while we went shopping!!--and headed to our ON. I was a little disappointed in the selection of dresses in-store compared to what they have online, but it wasn't too bad!
Of course with Lil Man nursing, I have to be very conscious of my clothing choices and dresses are specifically a harder option, since I can't just lift it up with a tank underneath! I tried on a few styles--one of which looked like a slightly too-long sweater instead of a dress!! The other dresses I tried on were the Cross-Front Jersey dress and a wrap dress similar to this one.
The cross-front jersey dress was all kinds of wrong because of the way the mock wrap/cross front was made. I tried the wrap dress in black and in a green with navy/white dots (unfortunately, it's not on the website at all!). They both looked good, but my friend convinced me to get the green one rather than the black one. If I really needed a 'little black dress', I'd be all over this one. I will definitely need to wear a cami under it, and tights/leggings of course with the cold weather, but it'll transition to Alaska summers easily too! The sleeves are slightly longer than 3/4, but not quite bracelet length. They're perfect to push up to 3/4 and look cute.
 Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect leggings/tights and shoes! My Toms will work amazingly well with it in the summer when I want to keep it casual, but I'll need some dressier shoes if I want to dress it up a bit! The best part about getting to go shopping for this was that I'm seeing all my hard work at the gym pay off! It's nice to watch the sizes go down and the styles fit correctly!! All in all, I'm super excited about my dress and really can't wait to wear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment