Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful for...Day 2

Today I am incredibly thankful for the technology that makes the thousands of miles between us and the rest of our families insignificant. Phone calls aren't a second thought, the way we connect online keeps everything current, and now we're in the time of video calls. I remember thinking that video calls like in the Back to the Future Part II were crazy...but now I'm convinced that Munchkin, and even more so, Little Man, will think first of a video call when asked if they want to call someone. She's already so used to using FaceTime on my phone! So it's a little materialistic of me to be thankful for this, but it's not necessarily the gadget that I'm thankful for. It's the fact that the physical distance between Alaska and Texas doesn't have to matter so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment