Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful for...Election Day!

Today I'm thankful that I live in America and have the right to vote. As I was getting my ballot to feed into the machine, the volunteer said that less than 30% of registered voters in my precinct are expected to actually show up and vote in this election! That's crazy to me! Munchkin got her first idea of voting, she stood in the little booth with me while I filled in my bubbles. Lil Man in the Boba, playing peek-a-boo with the curtain...I'm not going to let having small children stop me from getting out to vote! I think it's important for parents to at least start to put the idea of voting into their kids heads. Put the actual politics aside and just savor in the fact that we.can.vote. I got my sticker--hopefully you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment