Saturday, December 8, 2012

MilSpouse (First) Friday Fill-In

It's that time again! I'm linking up with Wife of a Sailor for (First) Friday Fill-In!

1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?
Hmmm, November was pretty decent, actually! Maybe warmed up the weather a bit. We've been unusually cold and haven't had near enough snow. The frost level is getting dangerously deep and if it gets much deeper, water lines will start freezing. I never thought, especially after last year's record snowfall, that I'd be praying for more snow, but here we are!!

2. What was your favorite thing that happened in November?
I think Thanksgiving was a good high point for us. Good food, good friends to visit with, more than plenty to be thankful for....we've been just rockin' along for awhile, which honestly, is nice sometimes to not have anything huge happen!

3. What is your favorite holiday memory?
One of many..it was the last Christmas that we spent with my Granddaddy. I was very young and my biggest wishlist item was a Magic Nursery Baby. It was a baby doll that you didn't know if it was a boy or a girl until you opened it and it came with a special dissolvable packet for the name & outfit. I was so excited to open it, I made everyone stop what they were doing so I could go find out what the packet held!!! Mom says I got a girl doll, I don't remember! If you'd like to see a little more about them....go here. That's also the Christmas that my sister and I swore we heard reindeer on the roof. :)

4. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve?
We're probably going to party it up....in our living room! Maybe get a bottle of sparkling grape juice and really go to town! Aren't we the most interesting family out there??

5. What are you looking forward to in December?
Christmas. Sadly, Lil Man's birthday is definitely being overshadowed! I don't think we're doing a party, just a cake and giving him his presents. Munchkin informed me that today was Christmas Eve, so tomorrow was Christmas and she wanted her presents. I told her nice try, but no. It's getting close though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment