Friday, February 1, 2013

MilSpouse First Friday Fill-In February

It's that time again!! I'm linking up with Wifey at wifeofasailor.com! Head over and check it out!! 

What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?
The super cold temps...I'm not a fan of -20s. However, that is life in Alaska for you. I'm just thankful we're not further north--Fairbanks gets to -50s!!!

What was your favorite thing that happened in January?
It's been a pretty average month...nothing stands out on either side of the spectrum really. I always enjoy our family time!

What are you looking forward to in February?
Getting our tax refund!! I had our taxes filed and waiting in line for the IRS to open. Thank goodness for H&R Block teaming up with Military One Source again! Super fast and super easy! Now let's just hope that the IRS gets them out in the time they've said they will.

What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?
Right now, none. February has snuck up on me. If I can find a babysitter, we might go out, but I hate fighting the crowds, so I really don't know.

What is your best advice for a MilSpouse whose spouse is deployed for Valentine’s Day?
Don't mope. Take yourself out--even better if you have a friend who also has a deployed spouse. If you don't want to go out, make it a night in and pamper yourself. Find some at home spa ideas on Pinterest and have fun. In the end, it's another day on the calendar--so another day closer to your loved one coming home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment