Monday, March 25, 2013

Am I Crazy?

Well, ok, yes, I am. I know that. Further proof?? I signed up for The Color Run 5K yesterday! Me, the girl who does.not.run. I've tried and I'm gonna try again. I've seen pictures of people who've done The Color Run before and it just looks like too much fun. I've been telling myself I need to up my cardio at the gym....well, now I HAVE to. I'm not TOO worried about being a great runner since it isn't as serious a race as some, but I don't want to walk the whole thing! I'm super stoked and went and bought new running shoes today from our favorite running store, Skinny Raven Sports, and got fitted with some awesome shoes. So my training starts today. I'm using the Ease into 5K program (formerly known as Couch to 5K), which is a 9 week program. I have 12 weeks before the race on June 15...so I have time to repeat a week or two if I have to. So, let's see if the girl who absolutely doesn't run turns into a runner! (1st hurdle? Learning how to breathe while running....I seriously have issues with this.)

1 comment: