Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

2013 is gone and 2014 is here! It feels like we just said goodbye to 2012. So, 2013 in a nutshell:
January
I really got bit by the knitting bug! I really love it and I'm glad that I finally got through it and discovered how awesome it is!
Lil Man got his first haircut and looked SO grown up. He's only had a few since because he HATES them, but it's amazing how much older a nice haircut makes him look!

February
I got to go buy new clothes! :) The time at the gym really paid off (although I need to get back in the exercise habit...) and it's been great.

March
Brought some crazy up cycling sewing, Munchkin got her first recital costume (and LOVED it!), and I started my running journey!!!! (still close to the beginning of that...).

April
I received The Liebster Award for the blog (which was awesome), got to go shopping with Munchkin thanks to Crowdtap and Old Navy, got an awesome haircut, tried a new reward/behavior chart (that works well, when we remember to use it!), and kept up with running. Lil Man started showing more and more of his personality, Munchkin continued to crack me up, and we participated in The Great Cloth Diaper Change!

May
It. snowed. Seriously, our last snowfall of the season was May 17, 2013. Not. fair. The USS Anchorage was commissioned and we definitely missed the public tours, but life goes on. Munchkin participated in her first dance recital and did AWESOME. I was so proud of her, she was beautiful and danced her little heart out--and just like her mama, got a little bit bossy on stage and dragged some classmates into line. We FINALLY got summer weather at the end of the month...and it only got better.

June
June brought MG & Granddaddy, Mark left for training, MG & I (and Lil Man in the stroller) did the Color Run, had an amazing family photo session, spent lots of time outside enjoying the amazing weather, explored around our area a bit, and I turned 27.

July
Mark and I did the Bear Paw 5k (where he saw just how non-runner I am...), Lil Man drank half a bottle of benadryl and spent the day in the ER (where he amazed everyone and was perfectly fine), and we thoroughly enjoyed the nice summer weather with family bike rides or walks almost every night.

August
We ventured into the world of pre fold diapers (this late into our cloth diapering game, I know) and found out just how awesome they are. I also participated in the World Breastfeeding Week blog carnival and shared a bit about my breastfeeding experience, we dealt with the effects of the sequestration--which while not as bad as no pay, still made life on post difficult. My children got mistaken for twins (and then somehow, triplets....that guy was on something), I seriously hurt my foot  (it's almost completely healed now), but still managed to do a 2k and a 5k two weeks later, and another 5k the next weekend! Also, Munchkin started asking for a new pet....a unicorn. Oh...and Mark turned 29. We've been reminding him he's almost 30 ever since.

September
We celebrated our 7th anniversary, Munchkin turned 4, and Mark went off for training. Lil Man got new clothes and had to get size 2T and 3T....at 21 months old. He's a tank. We got our first snow of the season...oh. joy. Thankfully it didn't stick around.

October
Lil Man started potty training!!! We kept up our family walks as long as the weather held out. We participated in the Frightening 4k (Munchkin called it the candy race, as every k marker had a 'trick or treat' station!) and had a blast trick or treating on post on Halloween!

November
We went to the Sochi Send off and saw some of the local Olympic athletes as they got ready to head off for all the pre-game stuff they have to do. Munchkin met Miss Alaska Sweetheart and was so impressed! I got promoted to grandma of Munchkin's doll. I'm not sure how I feel about that. We ran in the Skinny Raven Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving...in 12 degree (0 with windchill) weather. It was cold. We had a laid-back Thanksgiving dinner with friends and enjoyed the quiet time.

December
At the beginning of the month, the kids and I got sick, causing Munchkin to miss her first dance class ever. Lil Man is officially potty trained (with the exception of nighttime) and I gave him a haircut (the beiber hair just wasn't cutting it anymore). Mark participated in his first triathlon as the swimmer. Lil Man turned two and was so excited for his birthday!! He became the present police for Christmas, making sure we didn't sneak a present early.

So here we are. January 1, 2014. To be honest, 2014 scares the bejeezus out of me because it's going to bring a LOT of change, but I'm excited to see where it all ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment